the fact is that even the most chipper of morning persons often has trouble getting out the door well-fed and on-time. know what solves that dilemma? two words: meal prep. with the lazy days of summer drawing to a close and back-to-school and busier work schedules on the horizon, it’s never been more crucial to have easy, healthy options available for those hectic early mornings. and with just a little extra prep on sunday, you can have a week’s worth of anything-but-basic breakfasts in your fridge come monday. here are 3 of our fave healthy recipes for 7 days of easy grab + go morning meals.
[ready-to-go greeña colada smoothie packs]
makes 2 smoothie packs
let’s face it - smoothies are quick. there’s really no excuse to leave home hungry if you’ve got a blender + some produce on hand. this takes the speed + ease with which you get out the door in the morning to the next level, plus it’s a great way to sneak in a serving of veggies first thing in the a.m.
1 banana, peeled + sliced into coins
1 cup pineapple, chopped
½ avocado, pitted + diced
½ cup cauliflower, lightly steamed
2 handfuls baby spinach
2 scoops protein powder
- lay out the banana slices, pineapple, avocado + cauliflower on one or two parchment-lined baking sheets, then stick in the freezer for a few hours, until everything is frozen.
- divide banana slices, pineapple, avocado, cauliflower, spinach + protein powder evenly between 2 small ziploc or reusable baggies, then store in the freezer.
- when you’re ready for a smoothie, simply toss the contents of one of the baggies into the blender with 1 cup of coconut milk + blend until smooth!
[veggie pizza frittata muffins]
makes 12 frittata muffins
these are a breeze to grab on your way out the door, packed with nourishment + taste like a loaded veggie pizza. need we say more?
1/2 tsp dried oregano
sea salt + pepper to taste
½ cup sliced mushrooms
½ onion, diced
½ green bell pepper, diced
⅓ cup sliced black olives
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup shredded mozzarella
- preheat oven to 350 degrees + spray a muffin tin with cooking oil spray.
- in a large measuring cup or spouted bowl, beat the eggs with the oregano + a little sea salt + pepper. set aside.
- stir together mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, olives + tomatoes, then divide mixture evenly between the 12 cups in the muffin tin.
- divide egg mixture between the 12 cups, pouring over veggie mixture, filling each cup about ¾ of the way. top each cup with a little mozzarella.
- bake 20-25 minutes, until eggs are set.
- cool + remove from muffin tin, then store in the fridge. to reheat, just pop one (or 2 or 3!) in the microwave.
[apple pie oat jars]
makes 2 oat jars
you know those sugar- + preservative-filled oatmeal packets you find at the store? yeah, these are way better than that. way less sugar, zero additives, and you can customize to suit your flavor preferences - switch up the dried fruit, the spices, the nuts, the liquid. sky’s the limit! don’t care if your oats are toasty? you can save even more time by adding up to 1 cup of the liquid the night before + storing in the fridge for a tasty overnight oat option!
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup dried apples, chopped
¼ cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp flax seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- divide everything evenly between two half-pint mason jars + store in the pantry, lidded.
- when ready to use, simply add ⅔ cup boiling water or hot liquid of choice to the jar, replace the lid + shake. wait a minute or two for the liquid to absorb, then enjoy!
there you go - 3 recipes with just the perfect # of servings to have you prepped for a week's worth of healthy eats on-the-go!
what’s your favorite grab + go meal-prepped breakfast? share in the comments below ! want more quick ideas? try these 3 heart-healthy options. intermittent fasting? try this bulletproof latte.