ok, so it may be easter, but carrots aren’t just for bunnies. in fact, us humans would do well to frequent the carrot patch too. not only are they loaded with beta carotene for healthy skin and eyes, full of phytonutrients that help promote colon health, and packed with carotenoids to help regulate blood sugar, they even kill icky germs in the mouth to help prevent tooth decay. so basically a bright orange veggie powerhouse far too awesome to forgo. lookin’ for a preparation a bit more creative than your average carrots + hummus? check out 3 of our favorite carrot creations to perk up your easter brunch.
[roasted parmesan rosemary carrots]
makes 1-2 servings
3 medium carrots, peeled + sliced into sticks
2 tbsp melted ghee
2 tbsp grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
pinch of sea salt
- toss carrots with ghee + cheese + rosemary + sea salt.
- roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
[tropical carrot smoothie]
makes 1 smoothie
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup raw carrot chunks
¼ - ½ inch nub of peeled ginger
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp chia seeds
½ frozen banana
¾ cup frozen pineapple
- blend all ingredients + enjoy!
makes 2 servings
2 medium carrots, shredded
¼ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
3 tbsp shelled sunflower seeds
2 tbsp avocado oil
juice of ½ a lemon
1 vanilla bean, scraped
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp plain coconut yogurt
pinch of sea salt
want more easter eats for this sunday’s celebration - or any brunch? check out these heavenly easter egg combos. what healthy fare will you be munching on this weekend? share in the comments!
- in a bowl, mix shredded carrots + pecans + raisins + coconut + sunflower seeds.
- in a separate small bowl, whisk together avocado oil + lemon juice + vanilla bean + maple syrup + coconut yogurt + sea salt into a dressing, then pour over carrots + mix.