oh, pumpkin spice season. 'tis a wonderful time of year! available for a limited time only, coffee shops popularize this seasonal sipper every fall. one little problem: the signature pumpkin-spice syrup blend often contains a laundry list of not-so-healthy ingredients including refined sugar, condensed milk, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavorings, caramel coloring + preservatives. one thing it doesn’t contain? pumpkin. no bueno. since we heart our coffee so much here at fitlosophy, we thought it wise to brew up a suitable alternative. so go ahead and (pumpkin) spice up your morning coffee routine this fall - sans guilt!
the fitlosophy-approved punkin' spice latte
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 oz espresso or ¼ cup brewed coffee
dash of cinnamon for topping
dash of stevia for sweetening
- in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine pumpkin puree + pumpkin pie spice, whisking for a couple minutes until fully blended + heated.
- add maple syrup + whisk until it’s bubbly + thick, a minute or two.
- add almond milk + vanilla, whisking until blended + foamy.
- pour espresso or coffee into large mug + top with milky-pumpkin mixture.
- sprinkle with cinnamon + let the pumpkin spice caffeination commence!
what's your absolute fave pumpkin recipe? make sure you're following our instagram - we are self-proclaimed punkin' pros so watch for recipes all fall y'all.